HomeWho & What Speaking The Radical Sabbatical Resources Fun Stuff Contact

Monday, May 17, 2010

Grace

Grace. God gives it to me every day.

Grace. The covering I received when I believed Jesus for the very first time.

Grace. A lifetime won't be long enough to thank Him for it.

Only five small letters, yet they pack a mighty punch, don't they? As a parent, it comes easier for me to share grace than my husband. I am the one our children come to when they want an extra cookie, a longer curfew, or a sweeter deal of some kind.

Paul would call me "the weak link."

I'm the "Grace" of Grace & Truth Parenting. Though I'm far from a pushover, it's second nature for me to be over my frustrations by bedtime and serving hot cocoa and marshmallows to little crumbcrunchers released early from bedroom-incarcerations.

There is nothing I don't want to give my children. Whether I'm at the grocery store, a garage sale, or a walk around the block, my children are quite often on my mind. For me, ways to bless them have nothing to do with how they may have treated me or talked to me earlier that day.

That's where my husband Paul, old Mr. Truth comes in. As much as I'd love for grace to be the only way I spend every parenting moment, truth is needed too.

We believe Grace & Truth are key elements needed in raising children today. We look forward to encouraging parents and help to remind them that  along with love and forgiveness, grace and truth are blessed ingredients to helping our families to be "in the world but not of the world."

Jesus changed our lives from the inside out. He can do the same thing with your marriages and your children - grace and truth are just the beginning.


The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

1 comment:

  1. I'm truth, (and sometimes my kids would say a little too much truth--a little truth goes a long ways!)

    But, Now. Did I hear correctly? (I have to read more deeply.) But did you say that your husband (the one that I thought hated blogging?) and you, Joanne, are starting a blog?? And all of us "not real" people say, "Hi Paul!" and we're so glad that you jumped in!!
    (Wow! I really believe in miracles--maybe someday my husband will be blogging, too! To which he would say, No way.)

    I so enjoy your writing, Joanne, and getting to know you better, and now getting to know you, too, Paul; thanks for sharing yourselves for the sake of others and for the glory of our Savior!
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    Faith's Firm Foundation
    www.wendygunn.net

    (The previous comment was written entirely with a smile on my face, in case anyone wondered.)

    ReplyDelete